If you’re involved in a car accident, there are some things you should do to make sure the situation is handled properly.
1. Stop immediately, but do not obstruct traffic. Warn oncoming cars.
2. Turn ignition off, guard against fire.
3. Assist injured, then call police.
4. Secure license numbers, makes and models of other cars involved
5. Secure names, addresses of other drivers, witnesses, injured persons
6. Make rough drawing of scene showing position of cars and/or other details.
7. Don’t hastily accept claim settlement at scene of accident.
8. Notify your insurance agent, or if not possible, local agent of your insurance company.
9. File written report with local or state police if required by regional law.
Keep calm, don’t argue, accuse anyone or admit guilt.
We are no more than a phone call or email away! We look forward to providing you with exceptional service.
Phone: (401) 421-0100 Fax: (401) 421-2376