Q. My car was parked in my driveway when it was vandalized. Does my Auto Policy or my Homeowner’s policy respond?

A. Your Auto Policy, under the Comprehensive coverage section, responds for the damage to your car. However, if your car was broken into and some of your Personal Property, such as golf clubs or clothing, was stolen, then your Homeowners Policy would be brought into play to cover those items.

In that case, two different deductibles – one for the car damage and one for the Personal Property damage – would be involved. That’s bad news for you but good news that there is coverage in place for your loss, even if you are still out one or even two deductibles.

So, the best solution is to call your insurance agent, explain the circumstances and let your agent advise you on the best way to proceed. You should also file a police report on the incident.