Question:  If I rent a car in the United States, does my automobile insurance policy cover that vehicle while I’m using it?

Answer:  If you live in Rhode Island and have a Rhode Island automobile policy, the answer is yes!  However, you may want to purchase the Collision Damage waiver anyway because if you have an accident, your credit card may be charged with the full amount of the estimated damage until the rental company is reimbursed by your insurance company.