There are a number of things that can be done to minimize the potential for injury when using chain saws and other hazardous equipment:
- Clear away dirt, debris, small tree limbs and rocks from the saw’s chain path. Look
- for nails, spikes or other metal in the tree before cutting.
- Shut off the saw or engage its chain brake when carrying the saw on rough or uneven
- Keep your hands on the saw’s handles, and maintain secure footing while operating
- the saw.
- Proper personal protective equipment must be worn when operating the saw, which
- includes hand, foot, leg, eye, face, hearing and head protection.
- Do not wear loose-fitting clothing. Be careful that the trunk or tree limbs will not bind against the saw.
- Watch for branches under tension, they may spring out when cut.
- All chain saws should be equipped with a protective device that minimizes chain saw kick-back.
- Be cautious of saw kick-back. To avoid kick back, do not saw with the tip. If equipped, keep tip guard in place.
Yard Work – Mower Safety
Suggestions for safe mower use – even for experienced users.
- Always read all warning labels on the machine.
- Be aware of your lawn conditions – wet or extra tall grass or uneven ground conditions can increase danger.
- Safety means dressing appropriately – you should always wear long pants, hearing protection, eye protection, work boots with good traction and heavy gloves.
- Don’t wear loose fitting clothing, jewelry or other items that can get caught in or on the mower.
- Make sure that all safety guards are in place and working properly before using your mower.
- Make all adjustments, including cutting height when the mower is not running.
- Don’t run your mower in an enclosed area, where carbon monoxide can build up.
- Never add gasoline while the mower is running.
- Make sure your yard is clear of debris that can be projected outward by the mower blade.
- Never leave a running mower unattended.
- Never, Ever, try to unclog a mower that is running.
We are no more than a phone call or email away! We look forward to providing you with exceptional service.
Phone: (401) 421-0100 Fax: (401) 421-2376