Christmas trees are culprits in an estimated 300 home fires each years, so we offer the following tips to help you avoid having one at your home.
- Make sure your tree is at least 3 feet away from any heat source.
- Do not buy a live tree that is already dry.
- Keep your live tree moist by watering every day.
- Unplug your tree when leaving your home or going to bed.
- Use only lights that are labeled “For indoor use” and are UL labeled.
- Make sure there are no worn lines in any of the lights.
- If you use an artificial tree, make sure it is FIRE RETARDANT.
- Dispose of your tree properly:
- Many communities will pick up your tree if left at the curb
- Don’t try to burn it yourself as they are almost explosive when dried out.
We are no more than a phone call or email away! We look forward to providing you with exceptional service.
Phone: (401) 421-0100 Fax: (401) 421-2376