We’re in the middle of the 2016 Hurricane Season here in Rhode Island, so now is a good time to make sure you are prepared.
Although, you clearly can’t do anything to keep a Hurricane away, you can get your home and your family better prepared, if one does come our way.
- Look at your home and yard with a critical eye toward loose objects that may be turned into missiles that can damage your home. Remove or secure anything that falls in that category.
- Have an arborist check all of your trees for any that can fall on your home in a high wind and any whose branches appear week or could be broken off and hit your home.
- Make sure your Emergency Kit and your Emergency Food and Water supplies are in good shape.
- Identify an interior room or space that you can retreat to if a hurricane is imminent, making sure that it is well away from windows and glass doors.
- Finally, listen to your weather station or radio as one approaching our area is identified.
- As a hurricane approaches, do not go out of doors. Take shelter in your home or wherever you are when it hits.
We are no more than a phone call or email away! We look forward to providing you with exceptional service.
Phone: (401) 421-0100 Fax: (401) 421-2376