The Liability part of your car policy covers Bodily Injury and Property Damage (BI/PD) liability up to the limit that you have selected.

Your policy will pay for damages to an injured person (possibly including lost wages) and for property damage that you are legally obligated to pay as a result of an accident.

There are several choices of limits that you have available to you.


This portion of your car coverage pays for the damage to your car that results from in colliding with another vehicle or thing. There is usually a deductible that applies, which is that amount that you will be required to cover when you make a claim.

Comprehensive Coverage

Under Comprehensive Coverage your insurance company pays for any damage to your car caused by anything other than a collision. These include damages caused by Fire, Flood, Vandalism, Theft and Hail. And if your car is stolen it will pay for a rental vehicle while your vehicle is recovered or replaced. A deductible usually applies.

Medical Payments

This coverage applies no matter who is at fault and covers the cost of necessary medical care provided to you as a result of a car accident. It is always limited by the amount of coverage that you purchased when you bought your car policy. It may be limited based on time as well.

If you have questions, call Burns & Cotter, Inc. and ask us to help.

Phone: (401) 421-0100 Fax: (401) 421-2376