Hurricane season began on June 1. There are several things that you should do to be prepared in case one hits the area.
Go over your home insurance policies and confirm that:
- Your home is insured for the correct value – the cost to replace it if it is destroyed;
- The deductible is acceptable. Some policies have higher deductibles in areas where there is risk of high winds, such as in Rhode Island near the water;
- You have coverage for Flood, if you live in an area that is susceptible to flooding;
- Check your limit for Extra Living Expenses and make sure you understand how that works;
- Make sure your car insurance includes “Comprehensive” Physical Damage, which will cover damages for hail, windstorm and flying objects;
If you have any questions at all, now would be a good time to review your coverage with an agent.
Call: Burns & Cotter, Inc. at 401-421-0100