Go over your home insurance policies and confirm that:
- Your home is insured for the correct value – the cost to replace it if it is destroyed;
- The deductible is acceptable. Some policies have higher deductibles in areas where there is risk of high winds, such as in Rhode Island near the water;
- You have coverage for Flood, if you live in an area that is susceptible to flooding;
- Check your limit for Extra Living Expenses and make sure you understand how that works;
- Make sure your car insurance includes “Comprehensive” Physical Damage, which will cover damages for hail, windstorm and flying objects;
If you have any questions at all, now would be a good time to review your coverage with an agent.
Call: Burns & Cotter, Inc. at 401-421-0100